On the rower

On the rower

Thursday 15 October 2009

End of the FRC with a personal best!

Today was the last day of the Fall Rowing Challenge. One month of rowing in teams to see which team can row the furthest. 'Empty the Tanks' finished 12th out of 256 teams. I didn't make the target that I set of rowing 200km in the month, but managed 131Km.

I broke my 10km personal best twice this week. Today, I rowed my fastest 10km time, which now stands at 41m 42.2s. That is nearly 7 minutes faster than when I first started logging my distances in March of this year. My colleague Robin rowed with me today and helped me to push myself to beat my time. We are thinking of having a joint row off somewhere in Walton-on-Thames - Robin rowing for the Firefighters Charity and me rowing for The PSP Association and splitting any monies raised between the two charities. (Possibly a half marathon or even a full marathon in the early part of next year to help complete my 1 million metre challenge!)

659880metres rowed
168 days 'at sea' that's an average of 3928m per day
Averaging 10,152m each time I actually row.

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work Richard. Thanks for the metres you contributed to Empty the Tanks virtual rowing team - I think we did really well getting 12th position! I am aiming to get my 1,000,000 completed next week, although I am very tired after the Fall Rowing Challenge (I have never rowed that much in 31 days before). I will definitely sponsor you if you tackle another half or even a full marathon, Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Caroline. Well done with your million metres. You left me far behind. You deserve a day off when you finish.

    ReplyDelete