On the rower

On the rower

Thursday 10 September 2009

Halfway!

After 133 days 'at sea' I have reached the halfway mark. I rowed 10Km at 7am this morning before work, spent the day swimming in the Thames doing some water rescue training and then rowed another 10Km when we finished that. That has brought my total metres since May 1st to 503, 783m. That's an average of 3778metres a day, although I only row four times a week, so my actual average that I have rowed each session is 9688 metres.

5 days to go until the start of the 2009 Fall rowing challenge, in which I shall be rowing as part of a virtual team to see which team can row the most metres in a month. There are 48 members of the team competing out of several hundred, so i will let you know in the middle of October where we came.

Sponsorship has come to a bit of a standstill, but still at an amazing £1010. Thanks to Mrs Pauffley who sponsored me £5 recently when i met her at the fire station open day. Her mother had PSP too; so thanks to you Mrs Pauffley.

Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment