On the rower

On the rower

Friday 4 September 2009

Nearly halfway there!

461102metres in total!

I have rowed another 41609metres this week; 4 x 10Km and my first attempt at 1mile (1609m) My time for 1 mile was 6m 12.9s, which I was pleased with.

I attempted a half marathon on Bank Holiday Monday, but was called out on an emergency after about 3000metres. By the time I returned it was too late to do the half marathon, so I made the distance up to 10Km

I have joined a virtual rowing team called 'Empty the Tanks'. There are various team challenges and in September the challenge is to get crew members of a 'virtual boat' to row a mile as quickly as possible. To see more about the challenges follow Caroline's link at the bottom of this page. She is the team captain and the one who gave me the idea for the 1 million metre challenge.

On the whole, a good weeks rowing!

No comments:

Post a Comment